Saturday, January 24, 2009

Livin' large on my own!

My trainer is gone...yay!

Oh shit...I'm on my own. On my own to succeed or fail. No one to blame but myself.

Finally!!!

I spent today driving around mostly the home-based businesses in Boulder. Made a few appointments and had some presentations but no closed sales.

My friend was working in Boulder so I called him up to see if he wanted to "do lunch". "Sure" he said, "come pick me up." I drive across town, pick him up and then the age-old question arose..."Where do you want to eat?" " I don't know, what do you want?" We sound like an old married couple after 30 years.

We decided to eat at a small pita shop in town but on our way there, we smelled the sweet smell of BBQ so we turned around and stopped.

As I opened the door, I knew we were in big trouble but since the owner was standing right there, we didn't want to be rude. It still smelled great but the conditions reminded me of some backroom restaurant in lower Alabama. The grease was thick and the counter was dirty, however the old man who owns the place smiled at us through his tooth! It turned out that the owner was the son of a prominent businessman in Denver who always helped the homeless.

We ordered a "Beef brisket sandwich" and had a seat. While we were waiting, some smelly homeless guy came walking in wearing ratty clothes and just socks, no shoes. He started bitching about all the cars and how "if God wanted us to move so fast, He would have given us wheels." "They are stealing all my air. It's my AIR!" The owner offered his some bread and cheese and the guy left but as we were leaving, we saw him taking out the trash for the old man.

The BBQ brisket sandwich was not as advertised. It came out in this Styrofoam to-go box. There was about a 1/2 a pound of fatty brisket soaked in some kind of sauce, two slices of sandwich bread and some Pork and beans. Wow...

It was an experience that I won't try again. I ended up getting sick to my stomach, going home earlier than I wanted.

Moral of the story...make sure you have all your shots before eating in a place like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment