Monday, January 26, 2009

Damn Cold and Snowy!

Monday morning turned out to just peachy. My alarm clock went off but the volume was so low that I didn't hear it. I am glad that I woke up at least. I was about 30 minutes late getting up so it wasn't that bad. Make coffee, turn on the news and go get the newspaper...WTF...it is snowing. Where the hell did this come from? To top it all off, it was about 7 degrees.

I had an early appointment near Golden, Colorado so as I was driving, the snow was getting heavier and heavier. By the time I got to my appointment, there was 5-6 inches of snow on the ground and it was still coming down. I go to my appointment and come out an hour later and there is four more inches of show on the car.

Anyway, I clear it off and drive to Boulder to start my "selling" day. Park the car and begin my "route". I am wearing a long sleeve shirt and a sport coat topped off with a scarf. What the hell am I thinking?

As I go from business to business, I was freezing my ass off but when I walked into each business, they seemed to take pity on me and I used this as my opening. This seemed to work well all day since I was able to close two sales.

The moral of today's lesson is...if you can't sell them the product then at least let them give you a hot cup of coffee;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment