Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hurry up and wait!

Like most salesmen, I am a very inpatient person. All I want to do is go out there and see people. If I don't see anyone, I can't sell anything.

Today was one of those days. My district manger was supposed to get me the new sales route information last night so I could plan my day. I woke up about 6 am so I could make my plans and get out the door in time to be in Boulder by about 8ish. I checked my e-mail and nothing.

Make coffee, get the paper and back to the computer. Nothing. No email, no updated route list, nothing.

7 turns to 8, then 8 to 9... WTF...

I send a text message to the DM and about an hour later I get a reply that he will get with me around lunch.

I heat up some leftovers, watch the news at noon and nothing...

Where the hell is my route list? If I am sitting here in my office, I DO NOT MAKE MONEY!

2, 3, 4, 5 and now it is almost 6 at night and still nothing. What did I do to deserve this? Is this my fault? Did I fail to prepare last week for this moment?

Not my fault...

So I spent my day doing research on my competitors and my territory. I am not a victim. I will not let anyone stand in my way of success! Just because I am not in the field selling doesn't mean that I cannot be productive. So when I go out tomorrow (with or without a sales list) I will do the best I can with what I have. And what do I have? I have me! I have my drive to succeed...

Today's Moral: The only one who can stop you today is you!

No comments:

Post a Comment